Still not back to routine just yet so more wordy stuff next week.
- A great little site: BulkHomeopathy.com. “Learn the secret that Big Alt Med doesn’t want you to know! You can acquire high volumes of homeopathic remedies at a tiny fraction of the cost by bypassing an expensive and unnecessary process.”
- Dispatches from the drug war #328343: Cedar-Sinai takes cancer sufferer off transplant list for taking the medical marijuana its doctor prescribed. “Hospital officials are insisting that Smith stop using marijuana for at least six months, undergo random drug testing, and participate in weekly substance-abuse counseling before they will consider putting him back on the list.”
- A gem for geeks: a machine that implements Conway’s Game of Life implemented WITHIN Conway’s Game of Life
- Minimum wage hike coming to Guangzhou, which has the biggest pie out of the “made in China” stuff you see.
- A test shows that both the left and the right get questions on basic economics wrong when the answers seem to go against their ideology.
- Good article by Sam Harris on the reality of violent attacks and how best to survive — counters many misconceptions.
- Interesting nugget: “The Catholic Church in Germany owns a $2.3 billion bookseller called Weltbild, that sells, among other items, 2500 ‘erotic’ books, with titles like ‘Fuckable,’ ‘Lawyer’s Whore,’ and ‘Sluts’ Boarding School.’ ”