- How’s this for a happy Friday: school elects first trans prom queen
- Pictures from the annual Chap Olympiad, “a celebration of eccentricity and athletic ineptitude with the emphasis on panache and style over sporting prowess”. Events include umbrella jousting and butler racing.
- This story has to be read to be believed. Louisiana Republican votes for state funds for religious schools but when this ends up including Muslim schools goes off script and explicitly says she only meant Christianity.
- Another case of Cracked.com giving good life advice: 5 popular forms of charity that aren’t helping.
- In case you missed it, paleontologist Richard Leakey proves how naive people with a PhD can be: he believes the evidence for evolution will soon be so overwhelming that even the “skeptics” will accept it. Wow.
- Kid does 24 English accents quite well
- Good post about the platypus fallacy: a wrongheaded bit of anthropocentric evolutionary thinking that catches even very cluey phylogeny experts — to say nothing of us plebs in the general public.
Friday Links (20-Jul-12)
July 20th, 2012