- How not to teach maths
- What’s it like to be a male survivor of rape at the hands of a woman? James Landrith tells his story.
- PZ Myers on an Islamic cleric who thinks FGM has medical benefits. The post quotes one of the most offensive sentences (by said cleric) I’ve ever read: “Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris which may cause it to increase in size to 3 centimeters when aroused, which is very annoying to the husband, especially at the time of intercourse.”
- Historic photos recoloured.
- A VERY evil marzipan pig.
- This is quite a few months old but hasn’t received much attention in the Skeptic blogosphere: James Randi’s partner has been charged with identity theft and the details of the case suggest, in my opinion, that Randi knew about it from the start.
- How (not) to communicate new scientific information: a memoir of the famous Brindley lecture. Basically the revolutionary breakthrough in the treatment of erectile dysfunction was presented by the scientist responsible in a very hands-on manner.
- Documentary on bride kidnapping in Kyrgyzstan by Vice — the best in gonzo journalism.
- Unique and wonderful way to play the guitar.
Friday Links (13-Apr-12)
April 13th, 2012